The Feature of hiding the files on MIUI 7.1 is very useful and personally i am using this method to hide my private files and folders, By using this feature of MIUI you can hide your private files and folders and no one can view that files and folders without your authentication, there are a lot of innovative apps and features available on MIUI7.1, hiding the files and folder of the phone is one of them.
this method will work on all Xiaomi Devices Running MIUI 7.1, Like, Redmi 1s, Redmi 2, Redmi 2 Prime, Redmi Note, Redmi Note 4 Mi4i, Mi4 etc.
Make Any Android Screen Black & White
So I am going to tell you that how to hide files or folders on Xiaomi Redmi Phones, and how to view/access hidden folders on Xoami Redmi Smartphones.
Follow These Steps to Add files to Hidden Folder on Redmi Phones Running on MIUI 7.1
- First Open the Default File Explorer App Select the file or folder which you want to hide on MIUI 7.1.
- Just Click on Hide Icon on the Bottom, and it will ask you to select the unlock method.
- You can choose from Pattern, Pin or Password, just choose and insert the Lock method.
- Now it add those selected files or folders to the encrypted/hidden folder.
Must See: How to Hide Files on Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
Steps to View or Access Hidden Files or Folders
- First Open the Default File Explorer app on Redmi Smartphone.
- Now put your finger on the top of the screen.
- Now drag down the screen, so you’ll be able to see a Lock.
- Now it will ask you to enter that authentication method which you have selected on the time of hiding the file. Just put your Pattern, Pin or Password to open it.
- Now all the hidden files and folders will be display over here.
- Now you can access that hidden file or folder from here or you can select files and click on remove to unhide that file.
Steps to Unhide The Hidden Files on Redmi PhonesOpen The Hidden Folder. Select the files which you want to unhide from the hidden Folder. Click on Remove, and it will ask you to select the folder where you are wishing to put these files. Just select the folder or you can put it on the Root of the Directory.
If You Have any Problem Watch this Video To HIde or Unhide Files or Folders in Your Xiaomi Redmi Phone